Sannel Larson

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Living with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - May 12th is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day


Show your support by making this invisible illness visible 

May 12th is Fibromyalgia Awareness Day

The one thing that makes fibromyalgia so hard to live with is the fact that you do not look sick. Fibromyalgia is also called the invisible disease, so even the people closest to you have a hard time to understand your situation. Someone who's suffering from fibromyalgia, try their best to give an appearance that nothing is wrong with them. They take extra care to look their best and when they meet people, they sound and look very cheerful, hiding the pain and exhaustion they really feel. However, masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting, so we often try to avoid socializing all together. This behavior usually after some time becomes a quality of life, where you get more and more isolated from family, friends, and finally the world.

Except for the physical torment, there is also the emotional pain of misunderstanding and/or lack of knowledge from family and friends. If someone in your family, a friend, co-worker or neighbor have fibromyalgia, you'll help them tremendously by taking the time to learn about this chronic, debilitating and invisible disease. It will help them not to feel so alone.

So for all of you who thinks fibro is just about pain, I just want to say, it is so much more. During the National day of Fibromyalgia Awareness Day, I hope that non-sufferers will take the opportunity to learn and understand better what it means to live with fibromyalgia, and how it affects our everyday lives. Only then you'll understand, there are painful tears behind that smile. 

Please support research to find the causes of and a cure for fibromyalgia. Show you care by wearing purple today.


13 comments:

  1. Sannel everyone should be aware. I'm sharing. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rasma, thank you for sharing, my friend. It's greatly appreciated.
    Lots of hugs,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, living with pain of any kind every day takes a lot of physical and emotional strength. You are always on my mind, Sannel :)

    (Sorry I had to delete my previous message. I've made an error and sadly blogspot has not yet 'invented' an edit option.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sannel - I hope you are having one of those rare good days. I don't see how to bring this to Facebook from here, so I'll just cut and paste the link.

    Happy Mother's Day (just bye-the-way)

    mckbirdbks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Informative, poignant and awareness raising information...excellent work, dear Sannel.

    Hope you had a peaceful and happy day. Love, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Informative, poignant and awareness raising information...excellent work, dear Sannel.

    Hope you had a peaceful and happy day. Love, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a most wonderful day having duality. Mothers' day and Fibromyalgia day. Like usual my meows grew into yawns then a roar venturing into a jungle. Discovering it is a first day of many lasting to month's end I discovered you Sannel are a mighty lioness, a leader of many, a pioneer blazing a new path.

    Assuredly the organization National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association (NFMCPA)share with your cry of a battle. The 2013 theme - "C.A.R.E. & Make Fibromyalgia Visible" - encourages people to Contribute, Advocate, participate in Research, and Educate others about fibromyalgia.

    Offering a meow as a bow in recognition and acknowledgment I purr before your roar of experience shared within C.A.R.E and leading as a great lioness. I most assuredly will follow after a walk as a wanderer likened to a Peter we both know well.

    One may say both qualities of this day recognizing greatness - moms & persons of FM & CFS, are discovered of you, Sannel. Assuredly a great lioness leading many kitten and some cubs with their destinies.

    Thank you for courageously sharing truths offering the power of encouragement to many and even maybe me. Now I take that walk as a wanderer . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sannel, I wanted you to know I wore my purple and gold Lakers shirt yesterday in recognition of Fibromyalgia Awareness Day. It's the only purple I have! Actually, I wish I had purple ribbon like the one in your post. Then people may have asked what it was about and I could have told them. No one asks about a Lakers shirt as you might guess! Next year!

    Anyway, thanks for spreading the news about Fibromyalgia Awareness Day. The more people who know and get involved, the sooner there may be some progress toward a treatment or cure. Keep up the great work, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know so many people with this disease but did not know that it had an awareness day--thank you for bringing this to my attention--

    ReplyDelete
  11. My dear, sweet, loyal followers and friends - Martie, Rasma, Mike, Maria, Tim, Rick and Audrey, thank you all so much for taking the time to visit and leave such lovely comments.
    Bless you all and hugs,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would love to share the image if "trickles" gets corrected to "trickle"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Alyssa, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I'm sure glad, I finally got around getting those new glasses. Ha! :-)
    I appreciate your time and for letting me know.
    Take care,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are my reward.
Thank you !