Sannel Larson

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Living with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Am I cured?



Yesterday morning I woke up and felt absolutely great. Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I did not feel any pain. The pain was there, but just on the surface. I almost felt like I used to do, years ago, before I was struck with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. My mind was clear and I felt rested, something I have not felt in years. I was so happy, I was floating on air. I felt like such a burden had been lifted from my shoulders. I started to have these thoughts whirling around in my head; Am I cured? Perhaps this nightmare, I'm living night and day was now miraculous over?

Right after my morning coffee, I started do things, I had not done for so long. I baked bread, (no, I did not use a bread maker), I cleaned those hard to reach places, that's otherwise just too tiring to do by myself, I took a long walk with my dog, and I was actually running a few meters, just to remember how it felt like. I came back in, started to draw my illustrations, with no pain in my hands. I made a really nice dinner, because it was fun to cook again. I did all this in one day without laying down to rest in between. I felt like I had run into an old, dear friend, who I had not seen for years, and who had been dearly missed. Oh god, how good it felt to feel like the old me again.

Around two o'clock last night, I woke up, realizing the old Sannel was suddenly gone again, and I was back to my living nightmare. I can't help to wonder; what on earth did I do that actually made me feel like my old self yesterday? I wish I knew, because then I would do it again in a heartbeat.

14 comments:

  1. Hi, Sannel. I see that Fibro and CFS is not only chronic and painful but also cruel. For you to have such a good day that you wonder if you are cured only to have it snatched away so quickly is just horrible. Hope does spring eternal, doesn't it? It should and you should never give up hope. I truly admire your strength and courage, Sannel.

    Thank you for sharing this with all of us. It puts a very vulnerable, human face on your suffering. Hang in there, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have to enjoy the days when pain is at bay--and when we can feel rejuvenated!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You received a gift of a day. Heck, next time ask for two. Perhaps we can start a trend. I am thankful for your one day, and will send positive thoughts for another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your experiences. My sister has fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, so I understand a little of what you're going through. I hope that you get many more good days like the one that you've described.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing. I have an intimate friend of afar who knows Fibromyalgia intimately. I have shared with all of those offered here and added "a little some - some" at the beginning. Sponsoring this at FB and Google+ I kinda did a Tublr almost falling on that walk. I Stumble Upon this while heading to a place of poetry of many. It is new and full of hope.

    Thank You, Sannel for sharing your experiences with courage as encouragement for those who know of Fibromyalgia intimately as a diagnosis, as caring family and friends, and the curious, too!

    Sir Sremmus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rick, my friend, what you just said is so true. But to get one day, is far much better than not get any day at all. I hope it will play pranks like that more often, lol. Thank you for being such a loyal follower and friend. You and so many loyal readers helps me through my days and encourage me to go on writing. I can never thank you enough for that.
    Take care my friend,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audrey, you're so right. We must grab the opportunity and enjoy life as it's supposed to be enjoyed on those very rare days. We may have to pay for it dearly the day after, but at least, we enjoyed this gift we call life for one day.

      Delete
  7. Mike, it sure was a miraculous gift. It's a day that I will always remember. April 29th 2013, the day I was rejuvenated, and I'm so thankful. It was such a well-needed breather. I hope and pray, I will receive a gift like that soon again. Thank you, my friend for those positive thoughts and for your loyal support. I hope you're doing fine yourself. Enjoy your weekend!
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, first of all, thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate that. I'm so sorry to hear, your sister suffer too with these debilitating illnesses. As a victim myself, my strongest advice is for you, to learn as much as possible about these diseases. It will help your sister so much, knowing you understand her. Remember, each and every one of us experience these illnesses different, so we should never compare. Thank you so much for your comment.
    God Bless,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sir Sremmus, thank you for your very "nice" comment. Much appreciated. :-)


    ReplyDelete
  10. Sannel,
    We have not been in touch for a while. I was very busy writing for HubPages Apprentice Program. Thanks for reading, commenting and sharing my hub. You are one my best poets and writers I have known from HubPages.
    God bless you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vinaya, how lovely to see you again! Wow, that's so impressive, hearing you was enrolled in HP very strenuous Apprentice Program. However, knowing what a talented and determined writer that you are, I'm sure you did it with flying colors. Congratulations, my friend!

    Oh, your beautiful compliment made my day. I am truly honored and flattered with your kind words, and it brings me great joy as a writer to hear my work so appreciated.

    Thank you so much, my friend for reading, and especially for the kind words that I won’t forget anytime soon.
    God Bless and hugs,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sannel,
    It was good to read about your wonderful, if short, reprieve from your enduring pain. What a blessing to have the energy to do regular things that most of us take for granted daily. I'll be hoping you feel this kind of energy again soon.
    Love
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peg, thank you, yes I hope so too. Thank you for taking your time to leave such lovely comment. Your visits always warm my heart.
    Love and hugs,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are my reward.
Thank you !