Sannel Larson

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I'm Blessed With a Path to Follow

As a girl growing up in Sweden, I realized quite early, I was not to follow the path that everyone else took. No, instead I was to follow a trail leading away from comfort, security and convenience. I had a choice, but my curiosity was too strong, knowing that a path with no hindrance, probably doesn't lead anywhere.


Sannel finding Chanterelles on a pathway in the Swedish Forest

Today looking back at my life. A life filled with more disappointments and let-downs than bliss and harmony, I still believe, I would have made the greatest mistake in my life, if I had stayed on that single path that was expected of me. Because of my choice to follow my own unique trail, I found inspiration, knowledge, compassion, strength, faith and hope.

A few years back, unexpectedly, I was to take a new pathway. A narrow track that I did not want to follow, but I had no choice. This was a trail, leading away from accomplishing my desires and dreams. However, after some time, I realized, a path full of battles and pain, probably is better than not having a path to follow at all.

Will I stumble upon yet another trail in the future? I truly hope so! Life is full of pathways that wind their way in and out throughout our life. It's not so much of a choice which path we will choose, but knowing we are blessed with paths for us to follow. Because if there is a path, there is life, and life is truly a wonderful blessing!


A Pathway to Somewhere