Sannel Larson

Friday, September 6, 2013

Richard Stephen - Is no Poetic Fool - But a Poetic Whiz


Richard Stephen - Poet, Photographer and Published Author 

As a fellow poet, the American poet and writer, Richard Stephen, is well known to me. He regularly posts his beautiful and captivating poetry on different sites, there a large number of fans/followers faithfully reads his work. I believe one of the explanations to why his writing is so immensely popular, is for the reason, that many find his writings so easy to relate to. Richard Stephen - Aka Poetic Fool, writes about life and its unpredictability. The author brings his reader on a visual poetic journey, where deep emotions of desire, love, loss, ecstasy, pain, hope, failure, disappointment and desperation are penned.

His unique style of writing is not easily forgotten. Many of us wish we had the gift to express what's in our hearts and minds, just like Richard Stephen does with his pen, but we don't. This amazing writer really knows how to bring things out that others can't put into words. I relate with many of his poems. . . Actually more than relate, I have lived those same emotions as well.

His newly published book, "The Ramblings of a Poetic Fool" is a beautiful and absorbing read. I highly recommend this collection for all who love the English language and poetry, but doubtless, all readers and fans of other genres would find this book a fulfilling and perceptive read.
Read it, and you will identify a piece of yourself within. ”The Ramblings of a Poetic Fool” can be purchased at:
Amazon.


If you would like to hear Richard Stephen read some of his poems, you may visit his poetry blog, poeticfool.com and click on the "Recorded Poems" menu item.








Richard Stephen is a photographer as well. Some of his photographs can be viewed on his blog and on Bubblews
Raindrop's Rebound



The Early Bird





Black-Necked-Stilt





Richard Stephen's beautiful photographs 
are on the front and back cover of his book



"The Ramblings of a Poetic Fool” can be purchased at:











12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful review of not only a very gifted and expressive poet, but also of a wonderful photographer.I had the pleasure of meeting Rick Stephen a couple of years back, at the Hubpages. Rick at the time was a little tentative about writing poetry or so I thought.

    Well Rick held back nothing, he unleashed a wealth of beautiful work upon the world and hasn't stopped. I am proud to be a friend and fellow poet who shares his talent with others.

    Rick has the knack for moving a reader with everything he pens, he can take you to the dark side weeping or bring you through the light with hope and inspiration to guide you through. Rick is a poet who feels every word he pens,when the right moment appears,Rick seizes it with a fury and creates his masterpiece. Sannel you did a wonderful review here of a poet/photographer who deserves all the accolades we can give him. Keep writing Rick, you are a servant of the pen and a gifted one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review about a talented poet indeed. You did an awesome job Sannel. Thank you for sharing.Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sannel, you do a wonderful promotional work to your fellow writers and poets. I know Richard from HubPages. I have read his poetry and viewed his photographs. His poems are pictures and pictures are poems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Well Done Sannel. This tribute reflects a man of poetry and imagery with eloquence. A breath of fresh air is shared with the chosen images complimenting his newest publication.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, my dear friend. Your wonderful review and kind words have touched my heart! I'm truly at a loss to express the gratitude that I feel right now. I am so blessed to count you among my dear friends. Your giving and tender spirit, not to mention your own great talent are an inspiration to me. A simple thank you seems so inadequate! Bless you for all you do for me and all your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vincent, you'd the pleasure to know Rick longer than I have, and you've seen him grow as a poet during the years. His unique and beautiful work, always leave his reader spellbound, and moved by his ability to pen what we all can relate to. Rick is enormously talented as a writer, and as a photographer. Not to mention, he is really a classy guy, a true gentleman. . . . Well, just like yourself. :-) I feel truly honored and privileged to call two of the finest poets that I know of, my friends.
    Vincent, thank you for your visit and lovely comment. You always bring me joy beyond measure.
    Bless you and hugs,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimmie, thank you my beautiful author friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vinaya, "His poems are pictures and pictures are poems". . . Oh, that's so true, my friend. That's so beautiful said.
    Thank you!
    Hugs,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mitch, Thank you, that's very, very lovely. I appreciate your nice visit!
    Hugs,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rick, well just like Vincent said. . ."You deserve all the accolades we can give you." This was a sheer pleasure to write, my friend. I really enjoyed it, just like I enjoy your wonderful poetry. Best of luck with the book, and I'm waiting with anticipation for the next one, poetry, photography, or both.
    Bless you and hugs,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Audrey, thank you my dear!
    Hugs,
    Sannel

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are my reward.
Thank you !